Monday, November 07, 2005

The Crazy Life...Or Am I Just Plain Crazy??

Someone told me something really scary today......

There are only about 17 days till Thanksgiving and 48 days till Christmas!!!!!

YIKES!!!!!! Do you KNOW what this means?!?!?

It means that I am already behind schedule! Tell me it's not true!!! Every year I always tell myself that I'm going to start shopping early. What do I always end up doing? Shopping all the way until the last minute. I'm talking Christmas Eve shopping here! I can't even begin to describe how stressful that always feels. One year, we were going to my in-laws and I needed a gift for my niece. I had been thinking and thinking about what I would like to get her...but still couldn't decide. GAME OVER! NO MORE TIME! I ended up going to an Ulta Cosmetics store that was on the way and bought her a gift card. It's a cop-out I know, but it worked...I guess. I hate doing last minute things like that. Especially when the person I'm shopping for is so easy to please.

I am almost afraid to describe the gift wrapping frenzy that occurs at my house. Let's just say that the only reason it gets done is because my sweet husband is the complete opposite of me. He is NOT a procrastinator. I repeat....He is NOT a procrastinator. I AM!

One of my favorite quotes says.. "If it weren't for the last minute, I would never get anything done!"

Isn't that the truth?

With the holiday season always comes what I call "The Crazy Life". And it begins now!

I am thinking about all the cooking, baking, shopping, wrapping, christmas card addressing, etc. that needs to be done. Will we be able to get it all done, keep our sanity and still enjoy the holidays?

We have just barely put our Halloween Decorations away, only to replace them with Thanksgiving decorations. Don't start to be impressed or anything... Let's just say that holiday decorations are about the only kind of decorating going on in my house right now. I've been on this kick about how I only want to buy things I "love" for my new house. How is this working you might ask??? Well, the house is almost 2 years old and still not done being decorated. It's not even close. However! I have a little motivation coming around the corner. Some of my in-laws are coming for the Thanksgiving holiday, so of course I want everything to look nice. Now, I'm a woman with a mission...and a deadline!

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your just plain crazy mama.

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHOPPING, BAKING AND WRAPPING????
You have been listening to Poopoo and Moomoo's Holiday greeting on their answering machine waaaay too long....you are brainwashed. Just think, two more weeks and you get to listen to the message again for about a month!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home