Thursday, November 17, 2005

Me, My Car and My IPOD

That sounds like a title to a bad movie doesn't it?

It seems like my work-life has been so stressful the last couple of weeks. I took a promotion 8 weeks ago, so I've been training, training, training. I've had a presentation to prepare for City Council and we officially launched our application season (the busiest time of the year for my dept.). I work with a really fun group, however the last 2 weeks have had very little time for play. How do I de-stress at the end of the day???

I get in my car, whip out my IPOD and crank my stereo like nobody's business. Then I pretend like I've just won a Grammy for Best New Artist.....and sing at the top of my lungs! It's not pretty, but it does the job.

(My family is very talented when it comes to making music with band instruments, but to my knowledge, we haven't a singer in the bunch. No wonder none of us have ever appeared on American Idol!)

Anyways, I have my favorites for when I'm stressed. Some of them are: Billy Idol (I was after all a teen in the 80's), Bon Jovi (sigh!), Aerosmith, Black-Eyed Pea's, etc. I actually like all kinds of music, it just depends on my mood.

Do any of you do this? or am I just wierd. If you do, what are your favorite songs to de-stress to?

2 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Carrie Anne said...

If I ever saw you rocking out to Billy Idol American-Idol-style and I would point, laugh hysterically and pee my pants.

 
At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I hear Billy Idol, I always think of you Stella. I can still see that huge poster of him hanging in your bedroom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home