Valentine Review
I hope your Valentine's Day was filled with warmth, love and happy wishes!
I had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Here's the recap:
1) After everyone was awake, my family gathered on my bed first thing in the morning to open our Valentine's Day Cards. My husband gave me a beautiful card that he thought would provide some scrapbook inspiration (he knows me so well!). My daughter gave me a card that said the sweetest thing:
"Mom, did you know that I started loving you the very second I was born? I was really young at the time, but I'm pretty sure that's how it happened...And I've never stopped."
The card also contained several coupons: 1 Hug; 1 Dinner of Choice (that she would make); 1 Date Night; 1 Trip to any store she hates (This was my personal favorite - I wish she had given me more than one! *wink*).
I LOVE getting cards!
2) My sweet Hunny Hubby sent these to my office:
They are just G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!! I LOVE getting these too!
3) We had a family date and went out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants....The Macaroni Grill. The dinner experience was...interesting. We have ALWAYS had great service here, but that changed on Valentine's Day. It started out great. We were seated immediately, because I actually remembered to call in a reservation. Then it all went down hill. We sat there for 15 minutes (with the prior party's credit card receipt still on our table) before anyone acknowledged our existence and asked if they could take our drink order. Needless to say, things didn't get better. Our evening included spilled tea on our table, bread flung around carelessly (not by us), more extremely long waits, missing appetizers, cold food, a burn, and so on. Did this ruin our evening?? Not at all. We were able to catch the attention of the manager who made valiant efforts to correct these errors and even offered to give us our appetizer for free. We were happy and in the end, our food was great! When we asked for our check, we had a pleasant surprise...The manager said that they would not charge us for our meal and once again apologized. That's not what we were after, but hey! if they are offering, I'm accepting. I had two thoughts on this. My first thought was that this was really nice and my second thought was...Dessert!!!!
4) On the way home, we stopped for dessert at the Cold Stone Creamery. They were super busy, but it was sooooo worth the wait.

I had Cheesecake Fantasy (Cheesecake flavored ice cream, strawberries, blueberries and graham cracker pie crust)
Yummy!!!!

2 Comments:
I have got to try that dessert! Yum.
I love the saying on Maddie's card. What a lucky mom you are!
Post a Comment
<< Home