Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Most A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Day!!!

Have you ever had a day that absolutely, entirely, INSPIRED you????

I have had such a day and it was AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, INSPIRING!

My sisters and I took a couple of scrapbooking classes yesterday at Scrapbooks, Etc. taught by THE Heidi Swapp. These were hands down the BEST classes I have taken in a looooong time.

I have taken a class taught by her before. It was several years ago when she was just up and coming. She was amazing then and has just become even more fabulous!

I am in awe of her ability to create and the ideas that are constantly swirling around in her head.

Our first class featured "Summer" projects and were super cute, but it was the second class that I think has changed me forever...

I had the pleasure of experiencing Heidi's "SHE" concept. What is this?? It is a concept that inspires you to celebrate women, to look inside yourself as a woman, to celebrate you and to help you see what you have to offer to the world. This even goes beyond yourself. It makes you think about every female in your life and how the paths they chose inspire and effect you and those around you.

The class was beautiful, inspiring and emotional all at the same time. At one point, there was not a dry eye in the room.

The "SHE" concept uses quotes that always start with the word "She...". This class was inspired by a book called "SHE" written by Kobi Yamada. The book introduces you to quotes such as "She is a mother" and "She lives the life she imagined".

During this class I was introduced to a quote that really clicked for me.

"She designed a life she loved" - Kobi Yamada

I learned that this quote can mean so many things. It's so positive. I *loved* it!

Plan on hearing alot more "SHE" statements from me.

Besides completely inspiring me, we made this really cool class project. The pages flip out in all sorts of directions and the pages all have "SHE" quotes on them. I have never made anything like this before!



In addition to experiencing some really great classes, we were treated to some really great class kits. To put it simply....They ROCKED!!!

We had a pleasant surprise as participants in the class. We helped Heidi celebrate her birthday (which is actually today). We sang to her and one of her friends brought in a completely delicious red velvet cake. Fun and way cool!!!!!

Happy Birthday Heidi and thanks for the inspiration!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

So, a "You are the Wind Beneath My Wings" kind of day. Awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home