Friends Forever.....Right from the start
How lucky am I? I ask you...
Do you know that I have had the same best friends since I was about 4 years old?
It's true.
Let me tell you about them...
I met my friend Rose when I was in Kindergarten. I will never forget it. She had shoulder length dark brown hair, a red headband and if I am not mistaken, a Winnie-The-Pooh dress.... (which is kinda funny now, because she wouldn't be caught dead, I'm talking D-E-D dead in a dress these days)
Her sister Mary Ellen (I call her Mel) is also one of my best friends. I can't remember what she was wearing when I met her, but I know that I can hardly remember a time in my life when she wasn't part of it....
Last, but certainly not the least...is Tina, Best Friend Forever #3! We met when we were in Kindergarten, but we didn't really begin our journey as friends until we were in the 3rd grade. She hasn't been able to get rid of me since.
These friends have been an important part of my life since practically the beginning of time. They know just about everything about me (Is that a good thing?). I don't know what I would do without them. They are loyal, true, supportive and loving. We share a common bond in that we all care about each other like sisters (in some cases they are sisters), and are there for each other through thick and thin.
Our personalities are so different, yet..
Somehow, this wild mix has stood through the test of time. We've experienced first loves together, marriages, divorces, children, happy times, sad times and much more.
We can go for long durations without seeing or talking to each other, but instantly feel connected the next time we meet.
If one of us is in need, all we have to do is pick up the phone and call one or all of us. Suddenly... the world becomes right again.
How did I get so LUCKY to have these women in my life? I'll never know.
So here's to you my friends!....I wouldn't be who I am without you.

5 Comments:
Stella, I feel the same. You are lucky to have us for friends. HA! Just kidding. We're all lucky, we have wonderful friendships that will last throughout our lifetimes (may they be looooonnnngg and wondrous). Love ya tons girlfriend!
--Tina
I remember thinking how cool your friends were. I was always like, "I can't wait to be 16 and wear purple eye shadow and florescent clothes." I thought your friends were the bomb.
BTW: A correction... we were in the same 2nd grade classroom I believe. Weren't you in Mrs. Larson's room, I think that was her name. Or if that wasn't, I know it was the teacher who was pregnant, and left us with some horrible witch of a substitute. Need I say I hated that woman?
Stella,
Do you realize that you and I have known each other for 34 years?? and we have known Tina for 32. I that scary or what.Of course I have this bad feeling that your sisters could blackmail us if they thought long and hard about it. HAHA
Anyway I need your help and your sisters help also. I am in a wedding in March and the bride wants her bachlorette party to be a spa day/resort weekend. we are not sure if we just want to spend the day or do a whole weekend. anyway I recall a story about Carrie I think doing something like this, so I need input on spas and resort preferably if you have been there first hand. In return I will send you picture of me at the spa doing the girly girl thingHAHA.
Thanks for your help
Rose
Hi, Stella :)
This is such a sweet post. You know, it would make wonderful journaling for a friendship layout! I've enjoyed reading your blog :)
Jennifer
Post a Comment
<< Home