Sunday, May 21, 2006

It's all GREEK to me!

Literally.

This past Friday night, my girlfriends and I ventured out to a creepy part of town and had the most FANTASTIC dinner!

We went to an authentic greek restaurant called "Bacchanaals". (I hope I spelled that right!)

If I had only known in advance how much fun it was going to be, I would have absolutely taken my camera. I was kicking myself all night long for not thinking about that.

Our food??? AMAZING

We had some kind of appetizer that had feta cheese and wine in it. When they brought it to our table, they set it on fire and then put the flame out with freshly squeezed lemon juice.

For dinner, my friend Tina and I both had delicious veal in a cream sauce with really yummy green beans. My other friend Mel had something called Shrimp Corfu that was shrimp in a light tomato sauce over feta cheese. Wow! I definately know what I'm getting the next time I go!

Of course for desert we had Baklava. Oh my! The 3 of us behaved ourselves and split a single serving, but man alive, I WANTED MORE! Next time maybe I'll get my own piece!

The entertainment??? AMAZING

There was live greek music. One band member looked like a mobster. It was kinda funny.

We saw a REAL belly dancer. I decided that I will NEVER be able to do that in this lifetime! Protocol calls for everyone to tip the belly dancer...so we did. Including me. It was kind of embarrassing. She wouldn't stand still!!!

We threw plates on the floor...It's really fun to break dishes on purpose!

There was a ton of dancing...not by me. Mel got up and shook her booty. Tina and I were merely spectators and cheered her on. Maybe next time I'll get up and shake it too. Most of the dancing was done by the people who work at the restaurant. They did very traditional dances. It was sooooo cool! What impressed me the most about this culture is how much the men (young and old) love to dance their traditional dances. I don't think we see enough of this in our society. Like I said...It was very cool!

In a desperate attempt to capture the moment, I tried to use my camera phone to take pictures of me out with my friends. Sorry the pictures are so grainy, but it's better than nothing. Here you go!

This is me with my friend Tina...

and this is me with my friend Mel...

I *LOVE* these girls!

Great Company + Great Food + Great Entertainment = Great Times!

OPA!

(Rose - You had better come with us next time! Not going will not be an option!!! - - we missed you!)

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I agree it was an AWESOME night. The only thing that would have made it better, is if Rose were there. Next time we kidnap her.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Oh where, oh where has my Stella gone? You must have tons to write about since you're too busy to write your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home