Saturday, July 29, 2006

Another A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Day!

How lucky am I that I had an opportunity to take MORE classes taught by the fabulous Heidi Swapp?????

Very Lucky!

Once again I am in awe of Heidi's ability to make me think a little deeper. This time the topic of her "Philosophy" class was GRATITUDE.

Our first project was to make Thank You cards. The idea behind these was to think of people who I would like to thank for the simple, special or little things in my life. Heidi's point was that these days, people just don't say thank you enough, let alone often enough. Isn't that true? I know that I am guilty of this.

Our next project was a lovely chipboard covered spiral album. This album is supposed to inspire us to think about all the things/people/events that we are grateful for that make us who we are today. Wow! I thought. This could be kind of deep and funny at the same time.

Our last project for this session was a sweet little "gratitude" journal. This can be used to jot down daily thoughts to remind us of things we are grateful for. It's just the right size to carry around in a totebag or purse. I thought this was interesting, because how many people stop and think "I'm thankful for..." throughout the day? Not many. Can you imagine what a different world this would be if everyone did this?

What did I learn??? I learned that I take a lot of things for granted and that I need to be more appreciative of all the great things going on in my life.

The second "Heidi" class I took today was more about technique. We got to play with alot of decorative tape which I thought was really fun. I've used the tapes in the past, but never the way we used them today. In my usual fashion, I've always tried to use these in a very precise manner. Today, I learned to be a little more free with them and I loved it! We also got to play with glitter, paint and glue....we made a mess! The true sign of a great class!

In addition to providing great classes, Heidi also provided some great class kits. She is so generous...and I am THANKFUL for that! Our class kit's included a large mason jar FILLED with a variety of decorative tapes and some of Heidi's newest product "Bling". Are you jealous?














Thanks Heidi!!!!!!

Also, a big thank you to Gina, Carrie, Leticia and Tammy for the fun time we had in class today!

3 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Ok, girlfriend, how I would love to take a class with you! Alright, so maybe I'm scrapbooking challenged (more like time challenged), perhaps we could take up spelunking or ...?

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had tons of fun too, lovin the glitter...Hope to see you again soon at Creative Escape!

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

You're going to laugh, but I check periodically to see if you've maybe, just maybe have written something. I'm not giving up on you, dear friend. You got me started in this. Occasionally, if something wonderful or funny happens, take a few minutes and let us know. You don't have to take the time to read others, it's just that I miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home