Sunday, July 29, 2007

Happy Anniversary????

Okay, I'm just kidding.....sort of.


Today is the 1 year anniversary since I've last blogged. I know...BAD BLOGGER, BAD BLOGGER!!!


I've been taking alot of crap lately (4 complaints in one week) about how I never blog anymore and am I still alive?

The answer is YES! I'm still here

Here are some snippets from the last year....

We finished construction on our delicious pool. We absolutely love it! With the 20 days+ of 100 degree or more weather we've been having lately my thought so far is that THIS IS THE BEST THING WE'VE EVER BOUGHT!! Nothing like coming home at the end of the day sweating like a freaking pig and being able to cool off in this sweet oasis. Like I said, LOVE IT!


In September I attended what could only be considered a scrapbookers nirvana.....Creative Escape. 2 Words for you.....Totally Amazing! 3 packed days of projects, techniques, ideas, awesome instructors and awesome projects. I also took home quite a haul of FREE stuff. Nothing wrong with that in my book!



In October my sweet hubby and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary. Also in October, our little family also spent the Fall Break at Disneyland. Let me tell you...that vacation ROCKED THE HOUSE!!! and will require it's own separate post so that I can gush about it and post pictures.

As far as the holidays went, we stuck close to home. We have a lot of extended family that lives close by so there's usually something fun going on.

Let's see....what else has happened???....

Oh yeah, our "Little Miss Thing" turned 14. I don't want to discuss that too much. It makes me feel old.(Yeah, I know...the pictures kinda blurry. So.)

In February, the hubby and I went to go see George Lopez's show with some of my family and friends. That was sooooo much fun. I got to ride in a limo for the first time in my life. It was so cool and I don't know why I haven't done that sooner! The show was awesome too. The one we went to was actually being taped for an HBO special which made it even more cool!

(Don't my parent's look cute?)

In October, my little family had such a FAB time at Disneyland that we had to go back in March! *giggle*. Again, we had a terrific time and you'll hear more about it in a separate posts. Really! I promise.

April, May and June were a whirlwind with Spring activities at Maddie's school, winding down the school year, finishing Jr High, registering for High School and preparing for a dance recital. Man! I'm having tramatic flash backs just thinking about all that again.

In April I also made a HUGE decision to simplify my life. I applied for a new position at work and got it. My new position has a lot less political exposure, more regularity (sounds like a fiber commercial, huh?), a lot less stress, and has pointed me back in direction that I really want to go. I totally love my new job!!! It also has several added benefits: I actually sleep at night (instead of wandering the house at night because I'm too stressed out to sleep), my husband and kid say that I'm actually a nicer person (Geez! Was I that bad?), I actually want to go and do things during the week (before I only wanted to get home, stay home and do absolutely nothing - not in a good way), and I don't stay up so freaking late (I used to not want to go to bed, because it only meant I would have to wake up and go to work. Besides what was the point, I could hardly sleep anyway!). This change was one of the best things I ever did.

Okay, I think this gets me pretty close to current, I will catch you up on the rest with separate posts

And for the record!!! I BLOGGED!!! So there.

3 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Carrie Anne said...

holy schnikes. was it really a year. you officially win the loser blogger award for july 06 - july 07. that's okay. you made up for it with pics, which is always a win in my book. glad to have ya back :o)

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Hurray! So glad you're back!

Job change - best decision EVER!

Love ya girlfriend! Looking forward to reading your blog again.

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you won the title of "MOTHER OF ALL SLACKER BLOGGERS"...Ha!

If people only knew that you only covered about 20% of what actually went on between blogs.....Blogging our family events/activities would be a full time job......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home