Wednesday, August 01, 2007

There's Something About Mary!

I'm so lucky, I don't just have one BFF (Best Fried Forever), I have a whole group of them! But one of them Mary Ellen is just about ready to have a baby! NEXT WEEK!!!



So, what's a BFF to do, but pair up with another BFF and throw our BFF a "Super Sweet" Baby Shower!


That's exactly what my friend Tina and I did last Saturday.


From the beginning it was so much fun. I got to have a "planning meeting" with Tina (aka - Dinner at Red, White & Brew.....YUM!) and we got to go shopping for baby shower stuff (Hello! I *LOVE* to shop!).


We also were able to get together to build this freakin' awesome diaper cake


I haven't been to a baby shower in a while, and I definately had never seen one of these numbers until about a week before the shower. I thought it was so cool! We used this as the center piece for the gift table.

Tina came over a couple of nights before the shower and together we worked to assemble 105 baby diapers into this cake. Fun, Fun, Fun! Are you impressed? You should be.

The shower was so much fun, but my favorite part was getting together and talking with my friends. We don't get very many chances to be in one place at the same time, so when we do it's really, really nice.

This time, I was smart enough to bring a camera and was able to get this picture...

I *LOVE* it!!! I have always wanted a picture of all of us together. I wish I had a picture of all of us from when we were growing up (we've all known each other for something like 30 years - no joke!).

Mary Ellen, I hope you enjoyed yourself and took home lots of goodies for your new baby (#5!). Good luck with your delivery!!!! I wish you the very best and can't wait to meet your sweet girl *heart*


2 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

Girlfriend, I'll throw a party with you anytime, ANYTIME! I had so much fun putting it together with you. We're so lucky that our little group is still together after over 30 years.

Yes, Mary Ellen, best wishes for your delivery.

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I have always wanted a picture of all of us together. I wish I had a picture of all of us from when we were growing up"

I WILL LOOK THROUGH MY OLD FILES AND SEE IF I CAN FIND ONE---THERE'S GOT TO BE ONE SOMEWHERE.

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home